Dr Elizabeth Eastland is the Director of Entrepreneurship at UNSW. She is a seasoned executive with three decades of business, innovation and technology experience. She has shown outstanding leadership in complex, fast changing, multi stakeholder environments with an ability to penetrate complex situations and develop and execute strategy. Elizabeth has thirty years’ international experience in high tech research and development, innovation management, business development, M&A, and strategy, with senior executive roles at UNSW, CSIRO, University of Wollongong, Alcatel, Optus, Optus Vision, GEC, NorTel, BNR, and CEO of a startup.
Elizabeth’s core areas of expertise are:
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation Ecosystem development;
- Strategy development in complex, fast changing, multi stakeholder environments;
- Translation of multi-disciplinary science and technology into business opportunities;
- Delivering with profit, environment and social impacts;
- Economic platforms, Internet of Things, Post lean thinking, new business models;
- Science, technology and telecommunications;
- Merger, acquisition and partnership potentials;
- Market Development;
- Cross Cultural sensitivity and highly engaged leadership.